18 December 2006

Seeing Santa

Saturday we all went to the Battalion Christmas party. After we ate Santa showed up. In what can only be described a "classy", he rode up on a Harley. After he got off the motorcycle, MAJ Spencer, I mean Santa, quickly readjusted his bowl full of jelly tummy because for some strange reason is was up near his shoulder and then he fluffed his beard, which was windblown.
Owen sat with Santa because he had no choice. Scott walked him up, plopped him down and walked away. Before Owen could panic Santa did a wonderful job putting him at ease. Owen told Santa he wanted "tools, tools like Daddy has, so I can build things in our house, and a Pablo that sings and dances and candy and maybe gum, gum for peeing on the potty, but not for pooping on the potty, because Owen doesn't poop on the potty, Owen poops in my diaper."
At this point Owen is asking Santa why his beard moves independent of his face.
Ashlyn asked Santa for "surprises and clothes, because Mama said we can't ask for any toys this year because we don't keep our room clean."

Haley asked Santa for "surprises, you know, like surprises of clothes. I love clothes. And shoes, I always like new shoes. So surprises like clothes and shoes....and make-up. Mommy doesn't let me wear it very much, but when I do my face looks...I don't know...my face just looks really really pretty, very pretty actually, so I think surprises like clothes, shoes and make-up."

No comments: