22 November 2006

Ashlyn's Thanksgiving Play

Last week we went to see Ashlyn's class perform a Thanksgiving Play. It was very nicely done. The children all remembered their lines and no one cried. Ashlyn was a pilgrim, that's why she has on that hat. When she came out to say her lines it was quiet and Owen yelled loudly "I see Ashlyn right THERE!" and everyone laughed.



This is a picture of Ashlyn's teacher, Mrs. Williams, helping Ashlyn take off her hat to get ready for the song part of the show.



The song they sang was "50 Nifty United States" which is a song I actually learned in 3rd grade, so Ashlyn is no doubt smarter than I am because she learned it in 2nd grade. In this song you sing the names of all the states in alphabetical order. Scott has often mentioned that my ability to do this is not at all impressive, but he thinks that a lot of the stuff I have floating around in my mind is useless knowledge. However I think he is the king of useless knowledge. Who cares about all the countries of the world and the names of all their leaders and what the temperature and climate is like in any given country at any given time? That must be an army thing...




No comments: