28 September 2006

The beginning

Last night as we sat at the table eating dinner I was fully concentrating on stuffing as much food into my face as possible before Scott ate it all so I wasn't really paying attention to anything Haley was saying. Everyone knows Haley talks a lot, and suppertime is no exception. However, she did catch me off guard when she mentioned something about marriage.

What?

Cameron L. told me he's in love with me and he wants us to get married.

What?

Cameron L. wants to get married. I'm just glad it's not Cameron S. because I don't like him at all because last week he told me it was Halloween and I was afraid I'd missed it. But it's Cameron L. so that okay.

Um...what?

(Ashlyn in the meantime looks absolutely horrified and Scott has completely stopped eating and Owen is oblivious to everything except his corn)

At this point Haley decides she's told us everything she possibly can and goes back to eating. A silence falls over the table. Finally, Owen speaks up "Married? Okay."

Scott then looks over at me "Maybe we should re-think this whole 4th child thing."

No comments: