01 January 2007

Almost ready?

Update:
Last Wednesday I noticed that I was having a lot of contractions so I decided to time them and found that they were about 9 minutes apart. I called the hospital and they told me to stay in bed all day. My parents were here so they took care of the kids and Scott only worked a half day so it all worked out. Plus, I got to lay in bed all day.

Friday night there was a small sequence of events that began around 11 that led me to call the hospital again. I was told to come in to be checked out and put on the monitor. Scott stayed with the kids while my friend Midge met me up at Labor and Delivery. It's a good thing she met me there because if you go in between 11p and 5a then you have to go through the ER and I would still be walking around the hospital looking for the Labor part because their signs suck.

So the nurse checked me out and found that I was 2.5 cm dilated (no biggie) and 75% effaced, which the nurse called "impressive, given how far along you are right now." The contractions spread out as soon as they hooked up the monitor, which is what always happens, so I got to come home about 2a with the instructions to "rest as much as possible in the bed." I was also asked if I had my bags packed for the hospital, which I don't. The nurse said to go home and pack them because after my appointment this Wednesday there was a good chance I would be sent down to have the baby. So I came home and Scott and I both freaked out a little bit.

Saturday we went to Dillards and bought the baby an outfit to wear home from the hospital. Walking through Dillards caused intense pressure and pain. Probably not good. We also ate lunch at Applebee's, where I got the Nacho appetizer as my meal, and Owen ate a jalepeno (he calls them pee-nos) and it was very funny; I wish you all could have been there to see that.

Yesterday we went to Denver Mattress and bought a new mattress and boxspring for our bed, to replace the one we've had for almost 11 years, and last night I embroidered some burp rags for the baby.

Other than those few things I am resting uncomfortably in the new bed or on the new couch that was finally delivered last week trying to not do the unthinkable: Go into labor while Tennessee is playing in a bowl game on television.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hospital beds must have some sort of soothing contaption that slows labor...it always stops as soon as you lay down in them!

Anonymous said...

hey becks-what's a "contaption"? haha! just messin' witcha, girl!
jennifer- i hope you have a quick easy labor and delivery!