27 May 2008

One Week

The movers are coming exactly one week from today.  One week from right now my house will be about 1/3 of the way packed into boxes.  Holy #@&%!  My house is in no way ready to be boxed up.  We had a plan, well, Scott had a plan, and it was clean out two rooms on Saturday, two on Sunday, and two on Monday.  Yeah, well that didn't happen.  Last night I managed to get Owen and Haley's room cleaned out and they have explicit instructions that they are not to take anything into or out of that room.  And if they are in there for any amount of time longer than about 15 seconds it better be because they are asleep.  

There is also a nasty rumor going around that says the movers are going to empty all my rubbermaid totes and put all the stuff that I've painstakingly separated into one giant box.  I could take a minute or two and talk about how pissy this is going to make me if they do this but I DON'T THINK I HAVE TO.  

Also, in case any of you are wondering why I'm sitting here on the computer instead of cleaning it's because I am not alone.  Skylar is with me.  And Skylar has proven that she is no help.  In fact, she is actually negative help.  While I made my bed she crunched Trix cereal all over the bathroom floor.  Then, while I vacuumed that up she went in Ashlyn's room and got the dirty clothes out of the hamper and put them all in the bathtub.  So trying to do anything while Skylar is here is pointless.  

Another reason is there is not enough time in the day for me to get everything done I want to do.  We need more hours or something.  

A quick rundown of my day:

6:45  Get the kids up and ready for school
7:30  Scott leaves to take them all to school
8:15  Ashlyn calls to tell me she needs me to bring her $1.50 for the swimming trip her class is taking tomorrow
8:30  Ashlyn has a spelling bee at school (I do not make it to the spelling bee because I am busy having an anxiety attack at home over all the things I have to do today)
9:15 Leave for the gym
9:30  Step class at the gym.  Oh, and to all those people who think "Well why don't you just not go to the gym?"  BITE ME
10:30  Step class is over.
10:30  Spin class at the gym.  (which I skip because of the time issue)
10:45  Go to Bank of America and close out our bank accounts.  We have a local bank in Rome so there's no need to keep it
11:15  Come home and take a shower
12:00  Make bed.  Vacuum bathroom floor.  Get all clothes out of shower.
12:30  Leave to pick Owen up from school
12:45  Pick up Owen
1:00  Meet Scott for lunch (this one is almost laughable)
1:30  End of school year conference with Haley's teacher
1:50  End conference and get home by 2:00
2:45  Leave to pick up the girls from school
3:10  Get home from picking the girls up from school
3:11  SNACK WE NEED A SNACK WE ARE GOING TO STARVE IF YOU DON'T GIVE US A SNACK RIGHT NOW
3:40ish  Clean up all the SNACK that didn't get eaten or got smashed on the floor
4:15  Leave for gymnastics
4:30  Gymnastics starts (last day)
5:30  Gymnastics is over and I have 10 more gray hairs from dealing with Owen and Skylar inside a building for an hour where there is nothing to do.  And we've tried to take toys before and No, it doesn't work.
5:45  Get home
6:00  Start dinner
6:30ish  Call Scott, see what time he's planning on gracing us with his presence today
6:45 Eat
7:15  Begin to ask various children to get in the shower
7:30  Scott gets home and gets children into the bathroom
8:00  Get the wet-vac and suck up approximately 4 inches of water off the bathroom floor
8:15  Have a fit because I've gone into Owen and Haley's room and it is demolished even though I just threw out all their crap yesterday. 
8:30  Try to have a conversation with Scott about all the stuff we need to be doing in the house.
8:45  Give up
9:00  Wonder why there are still kids running around and not in the bed
9:05  Take a pill or two

If you are looking closely you will notice that at no time during the day today have I planned for Skylar's nap, because there just isn't any time.  I can't lay her down for 30 or 45 minutes and then wake her up because she'd scream her head off, which she does anyway, but she would also add in throwing things like sippy cups.  Which hurt.  

Oh, and it's raining.  Lovely.

No comments: