12 December 2005

Ashlyn, New and Improved

Today Ashlyn and I took a trip to Dr. Holle at Sunset Eye Care. A couple of hours (and a lot of money) later, this is what we have. The color of the frames didn't show up well in the picture, but they are a rose/pink color and are flexible. Ashlyn needs glasses because she has an astigmatism. She does not have bad eyes. She has nearsightedness in one medium...instead of her eye being shaped like an egg, it is more like a football, making it only shaped wrong on one side, or one medium, and that is causing her vision problems. So technically she is not nearsighted or farsighted. I guess some people are nearsighted/farsighted and also have an astigmatism (myself included), but Ashlyn is not one of these people, she merely has an astigmatism. And now that I've typed all this and you still don't have a clue because this made no sense, I'll just let you research it all on your own, or ask about it on your yearly visit to the eye doctor. And those of you with perfect eyesight still need to go because they had a huge poster up and there are lots of reasons why you should go to the eye doctor besides just having bad eyes. There's glaucoma, cataracts...well like I said, there's a whole poster full. So go to the eye doctor already! And send money, because I desperately need lasik.

No comments: