01 December 2005

Meet the new guys

As most of you know, Haley has been asking for a cat. We have been putting her off, telling her such things as "when we get to Texas" or "for your birthday". Well, guess what! We are now in Texas and it's her birthday. We tried to go the 2nd dog route, but she really wanted a kitten.
I found a place that rescues kittens and they are spayed and have their shots and all that and they cost $55, which is the same as the animal shelter. Well, today I took Ashlyn, Haley and Owen to look at what they had and it turns out they had one orange one and one white one. Well, Haley wanted the white one but the orange one was really being sweet and cuddly and Ashlyn was pulling for the orange one and Owen was putting all the cat food into the water bowl and the place had the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke and my head started to throb and I didn't know what to do and then the lady said "How about 2 for the price of 1?" I guess somewhere, somehow that sounded like a deal or something and who am I to pass up on a deal so I said okay and instantly became the biggest hero in the world to everyone involved.

In my defense, this makes perfect sense because if one gets sick or runs away or gets out and hit by a car then we have a back-up. Owen can already say Kitty Kitty but the cats, smart little devils that they are, know to run away and hide.

And just a minute ago Haley said "Mom, Frosty loves me!" and I said "How can you tell?" and she said "Well he's purring at me...either that or he's really cold." And that, my friends, was worth every penny of that $55!

Tigger and Frosty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that these cute little kittens will be cats before you know it! Uncle Tom.