18 October 2006

Ashlyn's fall show

Last night the 1st and 2nd grade at Ashlyn's school had a short performance where they sang Halloween songs. When I say "short", I mean exactly 28 minutes. Ashlyn sang every song so we were proud. And she also had a part in one song where she whacked a tube on her hand along with some other kids. The tubes were all different lengths and supposedly made different sounds, but you couldn't really tell.

I feel all parents should have to sit through a performance like this. We were in a non-airconditioned gym in 110 degree heat sitting behind a hugely fat lady who had rolled her obnoxious kid's stroller through dog poop on the way in the door. Owen and Haley had a blast though, and we have pictures of the blessed event, and Ashlyn was so proud of herself she couldn't stop smiling, so in the end it was worth it. Plus, by the time we got out of the gym and to the car and home it was about 6:30 so we decided it was too late to cook enchiladas (the planned meal) so we went to Wok and Rice and got some kung pao chicken. Good times indeed.

The pictures are dark. Little people mess with my camera and the settings are all switched so you'll have to get over it just like I did.















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I think those things are called boomwhackers or something like that. We had to sit through dress rehearsal after dress rehearsal of the fifth grade playing "Deck the Halls" with those one year at the Saint Mary's Christmas program.

Anonymous said...

Oy yeah, that was me...I'm not used to signing my name yet.

Becky