03 August 2006

#3 ob trip

Today I went again to see Dr. Dickens and find out how the bump is coming along. I have nothing to say about the weight gain issue because I weighed myself with my back to the scale and I have no idea what it was. It can't be too bad because Dr. Dickens commented that is was "about perfect" and I quickly told him I didn't want to know the number, but thanks anyway.

We heard the heartbeat and discussed any worries/concerns we may have. Scott didn't have any, but I had one about the fact that the baby was going to come at the height of flu season and I'd have two kids in school bringing home all sorts of germs and immediately Scott cut me off laughing. He then reminded me about having two kids, one in December and one if February, in Fairbanks, Alaska and not asking this question. And I'm glad he spoke up because I'd completely forgotten about giving birth in the past...

So Dr. Dickens and Scott had a good chuckle while I protested that it was a legitimate concern because in Alaska we didn't go anywhere (too too much snow) and Dr. Dickens said as long as the baby wasn't premature we didn't really have cause to worry. Oh, and if the kids have coughs or colds we shouldn't let them breathe all over the baby. Well, it's a good thing he told me THAT because I had NO idea I needed to keep snot-nosed kids away from a newborn baby.

I have felt the bump move twice, both at the same time, about 10 seconds apart. I was laying on the bed and felt a lump rise up and I poked it and it went away, then came right back. Again, after a solid poke from me it disappeared and I haven't heard from it since. But it's still in there somewhere, doing it's best to give me the worst freaking heartburn known to mankind. Oh, and I also found out today it's about to have a growth spurt. How lovely.

We go back on the 30th for the ultrasound. Actually, I made the appointment for 3:30 that day but I'm going to have to change it because I completely forgot the girls would be in school then so I think it will be on the 30th, but I'm not 100% sure.

And speaking of pregnancy I'd like to take this opportunity to say congratulations to my friend, who wants to remain nameless but is doing the unmatchable by being a surrogate to a less fortunate couple. On the second time around she has successfully been impregnated with two counts of someone else's sperm and egg combo and is having twins...so YAY! for you (and them).
And I'm sorry I laughed about the twin part...

1 comment:

Karin said...

Hey Jennifer, I have come out of the closet I thought I told you that.. Also I went to the Dr. today and there were THREE heartbeats..

KARIN