30 August 2006

And the sex of the baby is...

not known.

The ultrasound lady was obviously having a bad day as she flew through the exam hardly saying anything and at the end looked and said "The legs are crossed and I can't tell." She ran the wand back over it's head and down it's body once more and said "Nope" and shut off the machine. She didn't make an effort and she had already rushed through and not told us anything else so we left. I asked about the brain and heart and she just brushed off my questions and she didn't mention spinal bifida or cleft lip or anything. We were in there for less than 15 minutes total. I was in tears by the time we got to the regular doctor's office because I had no idea if the baby was even okay but the doctor came in and said everything looked fine so I guess it's okay.

So that's all we know...that everything looks fine. Scott and I were both a little disappointed that she didn't spend more time showing us the parts of the baby and with the gender part but what can you do? I guess we'll hope for a better one in 10 weeks.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Holy crap. What a disappointment. I am so sorry that happened. Don't they know by now to treat all preggo women like goddesses, the way they DESERVE to be treated???

Well, at least in 10 weeks it will be very clearly defined. Sorry again.