30 July 2007

The Black Bear

Last week we kept Amy and Brian's dog Sammy while they went to San Antonio for a couple of days. Brian, if you'll remember, kept Sally for us while we went home and introduced her to the finer things in life, namely beer, pizza, and also it seems fried chicken. Sammy is a rottweiler and is a beast of a dog, weighing in at 110lbs. However, much like Husker, another giant we dog-sat last year, he is a complete sweetheart. Owen loved Sammy to death, and Sammy would oblige Owen by walking up to him and then falling over like a tree so Owen could rub his tummy. I tried to spoil Sammy by giving him pig ears but there's no way he could have enjoyed them as he ate them whole. I also took him for a walk, and let me tell you he drug me down the street to the mailbox in record time.

We will always be willing to keep Sammy! -even though he is a tad bit gassy



4 comments:

Amy said...

He must have lost weight at your house b/c he was 117 the last time he went to the vet. Maybe he was in beer/pizza/fried chicken withdrawal.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sam's the Man!! You could not ask for a better Rotty!!!! I should know, I'm his Grandma and a dog groomer for nearly 35 years. Love Ya Sambones. Grandma Familo

Amy said...

That was from my mom, by the way :)