21 September 2007

Room with a view

Our contractor Jon showed up this afternoon with Worker Lee and the two of them started assessing the situation trying to decide the best way to get the old tub out of the house. Originally they told us it would just come out through the inside and they would just carry it outside. Oh, and I don't know what Worker Lee's day job is, but he was the closest thing to a cowboy I've ever seen in my entire life, including all the movies ever produced that could be categorized as "westerns". He looked so much like a cowboy (think Wranglers, boots, checked shirt with snaps and a huge cowboy hat) I immediately checked the tree in the front yard expecting to see a horse tied to it, and Haley took one look at him and her eyes glazed over and she started mumbling words like "white dress" and "preacher".

They decided that no, the tub couldn't possibly come out through the house because that would involve no demolition and don't all boys live to tear things apart? So Contractor Jon left Worker Lee to cut a hole in the side of the house. And boy, did Worker Lee do him proud! It was no hole. I think for it to be called a hole there would have to be some form of wall left around it. Instead if was just a giant empty space void of any hole. And the wall was all propped up against the fence. I didn't realize this until Worker Lee left and Owen and I opened the bathroom door to see what he had done.

At that point I threw up in my mouth just a teensy bit but Owen handled it much better, looking around wide-eyed before stating very matter-of-factly "Holy CRAP! Daddy is going to be PISSED!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With their miss-matched clothes and potty mouths Owen and Arden are perfect for each other.