05 December 2007

Haley turns 7

Today is Haley's birthday. She is 7 years old.

Yesterday she got a card in the mail from someone in our family congratulating her on turning 5. So we had a conversation that went like this:

"Five? Why does it say five? I'm not five, I'm seven. I'm not even close to five. I'm in first grade. Why do they think I'm five?"

"Haley, look, they just don't know. They don't see us often enough and, well, there's a lot of you kids around here and it's hard for people to remember. But listen, at least they remembered to send a card. At least they sent something! Isn't something better than nothing?"

"Well.....I guess so. But I still don't.....look, they even circled the number! And I'm NOT five!! And I bet on the inside it says.....HEY! TEN DOLLARS! WOOHOO!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Haley!! :)