03 February 2008

Cat-astrophe

This cat, Jet?  He has decided to really step up operation TakeMeBackIDon'tWantToLiveWithYou and now he is NO LONGER POOPING IN THE LITTER BOX, which is the only place in this house designated for cat pooping.  He also refuses to keep his collar on, which is making me crazy, not because there is any real need for the cat to wear a collar, but because I decided to put one on him and by golly I AM IN CHARGE here and if I say to wear a collar, you wear a collar until I decide differently.  

Honestly, I'm getting over the collar part of this, since Jet has extremely long hair and you can't see the collar anyway.  Also, the collar has a bell because really, what self-respecting cat collar doesn't, and nighttime is the only time that cat does much of anything, and a bell, even a very small bell, can make a LOT of noise when you are trying to sleep.  So I'm okay with him not wearing the collar.  I guess.  

But now come on!  What in the world am I supposed to do about this pooping problem?  I'm not sure how you fix this.  The cat started off using the litter box and he must still be peeing in there because there's no pee anyplace else.  So maybe he's decided to use the litter box exclusively for peeing? I don't think I need to say this but I CANNOT HAVE CAT POOP ALL OVER MY HOUSE.  Now who out there knows what to do?     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do, I do!! You need more than one litter box when you have three cats.

Amy said...

I have four cats and they all use the same litter box. Well, they go outside most of the time when the weather permits. And I do have a litter box in the garage. So I guess I have two litter boxes. So let me go back ... I really have three litter boxes if you count the outside. So ... yeah, what Amber said.