17 March 2008

The Air Show

Saturday we went to the 2008 Goodfellow AFB Air Fiesta Air Show.  It was a perfect day, sunny and clear and not too hot, and we had a great time.  The kids went on all the planes and the helicopters, and the lines weren't too long despite there being about 2 million people there.  Admission was free, and as we walked up to the gate I said to Scott "Wow, do you know how much money they would make if they just charged $1 for each person?"  Well, not to worry folks, they made plenty of money selling food and beer.  Nothing screams money like offering hundreds of soldiers funnel cakes and miller lite.  I'm telling you, it hurt for more than a little bit when I had to pay $12 for three snowcones, aka CUPS OF ICE AND KOOLAID.  

I have pictures, lots of pictures, roughly 400,000 pictures of tiny planes far far up in the sky.  I just haven't had the energy to sit down and load the onto the computer yet.   I plan on doing that later this week.  And Skylar got a little bit of sun on one side of her face, which caused the skin to immediately blister and fall off her skull.  This type of thing happened last summer whenever she was exposed to bright sunlight, and it reinforces my belief that she has some type of allergy to the sun.  I also got a little bit of sun, which feels GREAT, believe me.  I got so much sun it's...well, it's god-awful.  I took a self portrait so you could see for yourself.  

Tomorrow (Tuesday) Haley is having her tonsils and adenoids taken out.  Also, you know that thing that hangs down in the back of your throat?  It's called a uvula, and Haley's is connected to her tonsils.  It is able to connect to her tonsils because on a scale of 1 to 4, where 4 is kissing tonsils, Haley's rank 3.5 according to Dr. Lindemann, our ENT.  So I don't know what they are going to do about that, maybe just separate it before they laser the tonsils?  I never knew that hangy thing was called a uvula, but ever since finding out I feel insanely better about that Veggie Tales song where Larry is singing about his.  Because while I'm all for the Veggie Tales and we own quite a few of their movies, I'm still not completely sure that if you played them backwards you wouldn't hear some stuff about the devil.  And I would totally try it, but I don't want to ruin the warm and fuzzy feeling I get whenever I hear that theme song.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haley W. had her adnoids and tonsils out about three weeks ago. Be prepared. We dealt with lots and lots of being told that she was probably going to die because she couldn't eat or drink (her throat hurt because she wouldn't drink enough fluids) and that then we would be really sorry. Good luck with it!!