26 June 2006

#1 OB trip

Today Scott and I made our first trip to the OB doctor to see about getting a prescription for some phenergan, because I have decided that I can't live without it. Fortunately, Dr. Dickens agreed to prescribe me some, though he was extremely stingy with it and I only have 45 pills total, which I am confident I can blow through in under a month (I've had the pills for 8 hours and have taken two already).

note: Everyone needs to go out and get the movie Slingblade and watch it, as Dr. Dickens sound exactly like Billy Bob Thornton in that movie when he talks. This is the second OB doctor I have had that had a connection with a movie star...Dr. Waters, who delivered Owen, looked exactly like Kenny Rogers (pre-facelift of course).

Dr. Dickens was very nice and comfortable to be around, so Scott and I both like him a lot. I would like him regardless of him temperment so long as I got the phenergan, but that's neither here nor there.

I asked him about doing a tubal ligation at the time of this baby's birth and he said that it could usually be done right away if I got an epidural. I interrupted him right there with "No No, it's not IF I get an epidural, it's WHEN I get an epidural. We can set that up with the anesthesiologist today if you want to." I mean, I'm not going in there trying to be a freakin hero people. Dr. Dickens laughed and made a note on his chart and asked "So, you guys think this is probably going to be your last child?"

To which Scott responded "Hell, I thought the LAST kid was going to be our LAST child."

No comments: