16 June 2006

The blue moon

The definition of a Blue Moon can be found here. From reading this article you learn that blue moons actually occur once every 2.5 years. Because they don't happen that often, the phrase "once in a blue moon" was coined to describe something that happens very rarely. I think (and I feel everyone would agree with me) that the following pictures depict a very rare occurance. I don't know if there was a blue moon to go along with them, but it would be interesting to find out.

As these pictures were taken, Amber and I were sitting at the kitchen table. You heard me right people, we were sitting right there, 10 feet away! We were not absent, otherwise engaged, or incapacitated in any way, yet this continued to happen. My mother took the pictures so we would have hard evidence.















No comments: