23 June 2006

Thursday excitement

On Thursday I got to spend the late afternoon/early evening at the ER...and NO, it wasn't because of one of my kids....well, I guess it was, it depends on how you look at it.

It seems this newest baby doesn't much care for me and has been doing his/her dangdest to suck the life out of my body. So yesterday I got to go to the hospital and get an IV of fluid and a shot of phenergan. This has been hailed as a wonder drug for pregnant people and I myself have taken it on several occasions and it has always helped me. Too bad this was not one of those times.

Shortly after the IV was finished and I stood up to leave the nausea came rushing back to the point where I had to lay down again. The nurse offered another shot of the medicine, but I declined (since it apparently wasn't working I didn't see the point in having more). Amber got me home and I promptly went to bed. It was about 6:45 I think...and I am truly stressing the "I think" part.

I slept all night and got up at 10 this morning to see if my children were in the house or playing in the street. They were in the den happily mashing Cocoa Puffs into the carpet. Figuring that was fine I went back to sleep. At some poing Owen got a lot of water and somehow transported it into Ashlyn and Haley's closet and poured it out, but I missed that altogether. Two days ago he locked himself in the bathroom, put the stopper in the sink and turned on the water and made a pretty waterfall off the counter and managed to get the depth of water on the floor to a good 3 inches before Ashlyn and Haley realized he wasn't in the room with them watching tv. I feel he is just going through a mild obsession with water that will pass and Scott can deal with it until it does. So I got up for good about 4:20 this afternoon and sitting here typing is bringing on another wave of nausea, though it has subsided a bit.

I go to the O.B. doctor on Monday so we will see if he prescribes me anything to help with this. And my mother is this close to getting in her car and driving out here and that is just something that doctor does not want, whether he knows it or not.

So I will keep you updated on how this progresses in the coming weeks. My ticker at the top says 228 days to go. Yippee.

No comments: