27 July 2008

A present for Nana

Friday was my mother's birthday.  It is extremely hard to buy presents for my parents because there is literally nothing out there to buy.  If they decide they want something they simply go out and get it, which leaves nothing for us.  So you end up buying them crap, and they don't like it, but they pretend like they do, and then they talk about you to your siblings.  

This year Jenny (Brian's wife) asked me what I was getting her and I said I didn't know and she said she had a brilliant idea.  An idea so bright and wonderful it shined like the light of the sun.  So of course I said I don't know how much it costs and I don't care how much it costs, I'll go in for half.  Her idea was for us to get all the grandkids together and take some pictures and frame them for Nana.  And I totally agreed, because there is no better gift in the world than a picture of your grandkids, the little slobby people that you allow to trash your house while at the same time you have chairs in your house that I, a completely responsible adult, am not allowed to sit on...ever, no matter what.  I have a pretty nice camera, so I agreed to take the picture if Jenny could supply a white sheet for a backdrop.  See, a while back Becca decided she wanted to be a photographer and she took some pictures of Skylar and I half-ass watched so now I think I am Glamour Shots or something.  

And you know what?  We got to Jenny's house and Skylar refused to be in the picture.  So Scott had a little pow-wow with her butt and she started crying.  Then Owen refused to stand still.  Then Haley got bored and quit smiling.  Then Mary Kate couldn't produce a smile at all.  Then Claire, sweet baby Claire-Bear, who is perhaps the most well-behaved baby I've ever seen in my life, had some kind of breakdown.  So Jenny got out a bag of jelly beans and so all the pictures were of kids holding their hands out.  And bless Ashlyn's heart, she was trying so hard to hold them all together but it just wasn't working.  

I took 96 pictures.  I am not even lying about that.  Know how many good ones we got?  Four.  No shit.  Four freaking pictures.  And I'm counting this one.       

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be happy you got 4, and that your camera is digital. I have wasted so much film and paid for it to be developed that i could've bought a new lens for my digital camera, Just for that one shot! So 4 is pretty good:)

Amy said...

I have that same picture of our four kids except we paid someone at Sears to take it!