04 July 2008

4th of July 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I have lots and lots of pictures to post of our busy week but right now I'm so tired I can't even muster up the energy to plug the camera into the computer and transfer all of them. We went to three different firework shows, and Skylar only screamed like a banshee through two of them, though the second one made me a little nervous too, as we were only sitting about 20 yards from where they were shooting them off. We also let our kids participate in what could be the most redneck 4th of July parade that ever happened. Well, really it was only three of them because at the last minute Skylar refused to get on the float so she ended up sitting with us. The float the kids rode on was my uncle Tom's, and it was decorated beautifully (think of what it would look like if a flag exploded all over a trailer), and across the back were fold-out chairs that said Budweiser all over them, which is where my Grandma sat. I am not even kidding. It was fabulous. My only regret was that I only took pictures, because video would have been AWESOME.

I'll post some pictures this weekend!

No comments: