29 September 2008

Haley's mini-me

It turns out if you're not passed out drunk someplace you actually can have quite a bit of time to get creative so, when not obsessively putting all the food in the pantry into some type of tupperware container (a story for another time), I made Skylar a cheerleading uniform that looks just like Haley's.  I didn't have a pattern, I just had to look at Haley's and then draw it out and shrink it down so it would fit Skylar, and I was rushing to finish it so instead of doing the Wildcats on the front I decided to just embroider a JES because it would be quicker, but other than that they are identical.  Skylar loves it and naturally she is the star whenever I take her to the football games and she wears it.  She does not join in the cheering, however, she has no free time to deal with all that nonsense when she could be sitting on the bleachers shoving popcorn into her face. 
My girls.  

I have also been sewing some other stuff, and maybe one day I'll put some pictures on here to prove it, and also maybe I'll put some pictures on here of the dining room, which looks very much like what Hancock Fabrics would look like if a bomb went off in the middle of the store.  And then maybe we can talk about Friday, when I had to get four dresses made, and Jenny was over here with her kids distracting me helping, and God made all the toilets suddenly blow up and flood the bathrooms and hallway.  

So there's water everywhere, and the dog's in it, and the cat's in it, and the kids are in it, and I'm trying to use a plunger, which I don't think I've ever used in my entire life, and I'm yelling at Jenny "Which way turns off the water?" and she's standing there screaming "LEFTY LOOSEY RIGHTY TIGHTY!" and I'm all "WHAT THE HELL are you talking about?"  So I'm plunging, and with every plunge the plunger turns inside out, which is kind of a pisser because you have to touch it to get it right side out again, and after about three times I'm hollering "JENNY!  What in the name of God is wrong with this plunger?" and we decide we've never seen a plunger do that, or maybe we're using it wrong, heck we don't know, so we go get Mrs. Hufstetler, who takes one look at the dining room and nearly drops dead on the spot and Owen decides he's got to go pee (of course) so he goes over to Mrs. Hufstetler's house and on the way back through her kitchen he steals some peanuts.  Honest to God.  He stole an old lady's peanuts.  While she was over here showing his dumbass mother how to use a plunger.  That was my Friday.

Just shoot me.  Please.

6 comments:

lucinda said...

People who can sew stuff make me feel really bad about myself.

For what it's worth, Will often flushes things down his toilet and then it stops up and our plunger always turns inside out. I've always chalked it up to the fact that I bought it Dollar General.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on Skylar's outfit! I guess next time we're stationed together, you ought to help me sew some clothes.

The Layne Family said...

Look at Miss Priss! I know she is the star of the show! And, I wanna know all about your obsession with groceries and tupperware. This must be a story I haven't heard yet...

The Layne Family said...

Oh, and let me just add (again) how VERY happy I am that I didn't suck it up and come to your house on Friday! THAT would NOT have been pretty! hahaha

Robin said...

Wow Jennifer...that outfit looks professionally made, seriously. Yea, I'm jealous.

The Cromer Family said...

I don't see how you do it all. I'd love to sew. There's not enough hours in my day to get everything done. Your so good. I have a machine and wish I knew how to use it. It looks good on the table. You did a great job.