18 April 2007

33 today

Happy Birthday to Me! Send money!

In honor of my birthday Scott and I looked at my baby book last night and we picked a few pictures to share with you.


These pictures all basically show that I am very old. So old in fact, that when I was born color photography had not been invented yet. I'm assuming this was my hospital photo. Two things jump out at me. The amount of hair I had and the size of my ears, which are the same size as the bottom half of my face. This is just a picture of me sitting on a blanket. We put it on here because we thought I kind of look like Skylar in it. Also, I still have the blanket.

This is me sitting with Grandma. I guess this is the bouncy seat/car seat I had. Note the sleek design. This made it easy to fit me into the back window of the car to make room for groceries.
This is the swing. Instead of some type of strong metal bar it is held up by rope. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't overweight as a baby. In this picture I look like I am of sitting up age, yet the safety belt is not buckled. This proves that even at a young age I was dangerous and a thrill seeker. Compared to the swings of today I don't understand how any baby sat in it for any length of time, but I'm told I loved it. To this day I am still easy to please. All it takes is money.
On to the walker... Seriously? This was my walker? It's not like it was the dark ages! Did someone actually market this product because I feel strongly that Papa could have thrown something much better together in his shed. I don't look too happy in this picture. This could have been either because I am embarrassed I'm getting my picture taken in the "walker" or because someone put me in a walker and is making me do all the work to get wherever I want to go. Me: lazy and proud of it!
Here is one of my favorites. Me, as a small baby, playing with balloons. Everyone knows that is super safe. Look at my mouth, wide open, as I am about to grab a balloon and stuff it into my face. I don't know what disturbs me more, me about to eat a balloon or the fact that there is no adult also in the picture taking the balloons away from me so I accidentally don't bite one and suffocate. Why do I have the sneaky feeling that Tom is to blame for this?
This picture explains several things to me.
1. Why I have an aversion to stuffed animals.
2. Why I cannot go on the towel aisle in ANY store and not hyperventilate.
3. Why I never where plaid.
4. Why Brian is afraid of polar bears.
All in all though, I was raised exceptionally well with only minimal scarring. We may not have had much when I was small, but I was loved a lot (despite the size of my ears-good god!) and I was without a doubt I super cool. I had to be right? I mean, good grief, I had Mickey Mouse shoes!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! This post was awesome. I often look back at the shizz my Ma dressed me in and I realize why people used to ask her how old her SON was....think Powder.Blue.Leisure Suit. I hate her for it.:)
anyways, hope you have the best b-day ever filled with lots o'tequila and quiet time alone! hehe. :)

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Jen!
Hey that walker looks like something in an ob/gyn office! (By the way, thanks to your blog Strati and I are no longer trying to have another child)

Brian said...

enjoyed the trip down memory lane...are you sure that Papa didn't put that together in his shed?

I'm sure Tom is thankful you cropped him out of that picture with the balloons...he was like 12 years old at that point, right?

Becky said...

Happy birthday! This was funny...but you're right, Skylar does look a lot like you. Cute pics of her above, btw.

Your blog looks normal to me again...I guess it was the ticker that was messing it up for me.

Thompson Family said...

Happy Birhtday Jennifer! I loved looking at the pictures and laughing at the commentary. I hope you had a fabulous day! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You are amazing. How did you know that "I" had something to do with the balloons? It is too bad we didn't have a picture taking just a few minutes later when I went around stomping and popping the balloons and making you cry! I love you, I love you, I love you....... Uncle Tom