16 April 2007

Fantasy Baseball

The big bunch of losers on my fantasy baseball team, appropriately named Snowballs Chance, got killed again last week. This was the second week of the season and the second week my scrubs totally sucked it up. This week we are playing Bo's Bums, my father's team. I am torn between wanting to finally win one week and wanting to lose to my dad in order to keep in good standing with him and not mess up my inheritance. I don't play Scott's team, the snooty All Starrs, until sometime in July, but by that point I'm sure I will have totally lost interest in the whole thing and the fact that I payed 24.99 to have a team will be a distant memory. Things are looking better though...Pujols finally started to try a little bit yesterday so maybe that's the kick-start my guys need.

I was in such a funk over my team that I went shopping. I actually went with DJ so she could get some clothes for her new job and I could get Scott's birthday present. I did get him a new watch (he never reads this so it's safe) and a shirt at American Eagle but I got stumped on the size to buy him. I mean, we've only been married for about 10 years and for some reason I could not decide on a size. In my defense I have no idea how the sizes run at that store since I've never bought a single item from them because...well, I just don't think I'm cool enough to shop there. So like the big loser I am I found a guy who worked there who looked about Scott's size and asked him about it. Then when I got home I made Scott try it on with his eyes closed so I could make sure it fit before I wrap it up. I'm pretty sure he thinks I've gone totally crazy but with all the kids we have it'd be too expensive to divorce me so he's kinda stuck.

Then today Owen cried and cried because he didn't want me to pick the girls up from school. He wanted to just leave them there and get them tomorrow. Skylar cried while I pumped gas because the car stopped moving, Ashlyn cried because she got a splinter from the fence, Haley cried because I wouldn't let her eat the entire box of Honey Bees, and then I cried because I'm all out of tequila. HA! It's shaping up to be a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! You are a trip, girl. I love it. Don't forget those tequila side effects. ;)

Amy said...

You are too funny. I have some tequila at my house! It is usually on my grocery list ... bread, milk, cheese, tequila, ...