26 April 2007

Wasting Away

On Tuesday evening I went to a spa and got a chemical peel done on my face because a) it seemed like a good idea and b) my father paid for it.

A little info: A chemical peel uses acid a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by burning off removing its damaged outer layers. It is helpful for those individuals with facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation.

I was sent home with a paper titled "Post Chemical Peel Skin Treatment Tips" which tells me I should not necessarily expect to peel, but I may have light flaking or exfoliation in a few localized areas for a couple of days. It goes on to say that it may take two or more treatments for the surface skin to loosen and peel. You should not pick or pull on any loosening or exfoliating skin because this could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.

Well, let me just say that my face is slowly falling off my skull one layer of skin at a time. And it is very hard, I might even go so far as to use the word impossible, not to pull at the layers of face hanging off.

This was an excellent idea though, and that point was really hammered home with me when the girl took a paintbrush and coated my face with acid, which didn't really hurt as long as you didn't move or breathe. Of course, being the dumbass that I am I was chewing gum, and holding gum in my mouth and not chewing it is as hard as not pulling at the dead flaky skin. Also, holding gum in your mouth causes your mouth to water a little, which causes you to swallow, which causes your face to move.

Overall, very very painful and now very very bothersome, but highly recommended to anyone and everyone. You should all go out and get one. Live a little. And yes, I'm going back in two weeks for a second one to maximize my results!

Tomorrow: We'll discuss Owen's new puppy, a Boxer named Sally, who, by the way, is named after-ta da!-you guessed it!-Sally from Cars.

No comments: