30 June 2008

Little Miss No-Name

Scott bought me a puppy on Wednesday.  She's a pug and he has promised that I can keep her forever and ever.  I made him pinky swear.  
This dog has lived with us for 6 days and still she has no name.  It seems that it's nearly impossible to get 6 people to agree on what to call her.  Owen has decided it doesn't matter what we ultimately decide to name her, he's going to call her Nugget.  Also, Ashlyn calls her Daisy, Haley calls her Roxy, Scott calls her Flea Bag, Skylar calls her Kitty, Pops calls her Myrtle, and Jenny and Madelyn call her Dolores.  Needless to say, the dog doesn't listen for shit, because half the time she doesn't know anybody is talking to her since everybody is yelling a different name.  

She has a super long tongue though, so I think we should name her after Gene Simmons and call her Genie.    
No-Name is a sweet, sweet dog.  She chases the cat a little, but too bad for her we only have hardwood and tile so she gets no traction and will probably never be able to catch him.  She sleeps on our bed at night and only gets up once to go out, and has only had two accidents in the house.  The first time was the second night she was here, and Scott got up with her and tried to feed her and she pooped in the kitchen floor.  So he cleaned it up and when he turned around she was peeing.  The second time was the other day when Owen was supposed to be watching her and she pooped in the den.

"Owen, you're supposed to be watching her!"

"I was watching her!  I was watching her and some poop came right out of her butt!"

So, I need some help.  I need somebody to come up with a name for this dog.  My aunt Judy said Tula (Toola?) after the girl in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  Scott has already vetoed Oprah, which I though was a good idea except that I hate Oprah.  I want a cool name or a funny name or a celebrity name.  Something so when people ask her name and I tell them it makes them go "Whoa, that is an awesome name!"  The Men In Black dog was named Frank, so maybe Frankie, or even Francis, which is awful, but it's almost awful enough to be cute. 

And Hey! You out there in Texas! As much as we love you guys I'm sorry, I just cannot name her Lem. It all goes back to that conversation with Eric, YOU KNOW WHICH CONVERSATION, and I would think of that every time I said it. Though when I think about it now maybe it'd be kinda fun just because of that conversation.  So maybe...   

5 comments:

Amy said...

Lem -- for sure!!!

Or Jenna

Then we can get a dog and name him Tito

But I think Lem is the best idea of them all

Amy said...

Doesn't that conversation just make you want to laugh. And take your shirt off?

Anonymous said...

I personally like Owen's idea of Nugget. The midget on the Chelsea Handler show is called her little nugget...

Sorry it has been so hectic and I haven't had a chance to call you. We had a death in the family right after we got back from the beach so it has been crazy.

Anonymous said...

I like Pugsly

Anonymous said...

Just tossin' 'em out there:

Priscilla
Elvira
Miss Piggy because pugs snort like pigs

Arden says Barky or Hairy. I vote for Gizmo!