02 November 2008

Happy Halloween 2008

Thank God it's over.  Really, that's all I want to say, however I know that will never satisfy the masses of people who care about what my kids dressed up as for Halloween.  Yeah, all five of you.

Skylar was going to be a cheerleader, because she has a cheerleader outfit that matches Haley's and she's so freakin' cute when she wears it.  Then we found this Aurora dress at WalMart and she decided she wasn't leaving without it.  She also wore this dress for 57 hours straight prior to going trick-0r-treating.  Honestly it could have walked around the neighborhood by itself.
Well, I have no explanation for this.  Scott bought it at TJMaxx one day before he deserted us. 
Ashlyn was going to be Mrs. Claus, but we had an argument over choice of fabric, and finally I gave in and let her have her way, basically because it was Ashlyn and I like her best.  Then the whole project went to hell (I was right about the fabric) and she ended up being Superwoman.  
So since everybody else got a costume Haley cried and cried about having to be a cheerleader and wanted a new costume, any costume, it didn't matter what it was.  Because if somebody gets something new, Haley whines until she gets something...anything.  Haley's attitude is that the world revolves around Haley and only Haley, and everybody else is here to serve her in some capacity.  This is the same attitude that is causing my hair to turn gray.  This is also the same attitude that's going to get her ass kicked one day.  
Here are my kids with my brother's kids, Mary Kate the Mermaid and Claire the Chili Pepper.  
Here are all the kids with Grandma.  Why we put Grandma through this every year is beyond me.  

After having some soup and the most delicious cornbread I've ever had the pleasure of eating we went trick-or-treating in the richy rich neighborhood my parents live in.  It's got some hills, but let me tell you, it's also got top of the line candy.  It's also nice to watch my kids trample immaculate, well-manicured lawns that some illegal alien worked his ass off on for ten dollars.  But Heidi helped them out with a little fertilization, so I think we're even.

I don't have a picture of my costume, but I wore one of Scott's Tennessee t-shirts and went as a Loser.  HAHAHA!  Just kidding.  I wore a Georgia shirt.  Oh, not really and yes, I'm still a Georgia fan even though they got whipped yesterday.  Sometimes it happens to the best of us, right Phil Ful---well, nevermind.  Actually, Jenny and I wore regular clothes, and went as drunk people pretending to be sober.  I pulled it off.    

1 comment:

The Layne Family said...

So cute! I really hate that we missed all of that fun! I'm sure I could have pulled off being the "sober" lady. And, don't EVEN ask about ours...let's just say it won't be happening next year!