21 November 2008

HO HO HO

I'm just going to tell myself you send these to me because you care.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, because it's stimulates my brain to come up with excuses as to how Santa uses the exact same paper I was using the other day, and oh by the way what happened to all that you had leftover?

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. Sadly, with Frosty deceased this year we won't even have anybody pee on it. I'm crossing my fingers that Heidi comes through for me.

3. When do you put up the tree? Actually, April has hers up now, so I'm obviously a little behind. Oh, and it's been up for two weeks. Um, I'll say shortly after Thanksgiving. Probably Friday, but Jenny is trying to talk me into going shopping that day, in Atlanta no less, but after last year I'm still praying about that one.

4. When do you take the tree down? The week after Christmas. It's horribly depressing, but it makes me feel better about all the New Year's Eve drinking.

5. Do you like eggnog? I take my liquor straight, thanks.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? my basketball goal

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, because whenever he wants something he goes out and buys it, so that leaves nothing for anybody to get him.

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yeah, and Haley sets it up however she wants, which is usually with baby Jesus in the middle and all the others in a circle around him.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them. I like to get mail.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I think all presents are fabulous.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? whenever. there's no set time.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I honestly don't think I ever have.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandmother's apple pie

15. Lights on the tree? As many as it will hold

16. Favorite Christmas songs? O Holy Night, but Owen's got the "Jingle Bells, Rudolph Smells" song down pretty good

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. Always.

18. Can you name all 9 of Santa's reindeers? Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen (I googled it)

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. Because I'm all about cliche. You should see my tattoo.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas day. This is Scott's rule, not mine. But I'm also the one who'll tell you what's in it while you are opening it.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Black Friday shoppers/shopping

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? My tree is filled with ornaments my kids have made. I have a lot of kids. The tree may soon fall over from the sheer weight of all of them.

23. How did you spend last Christmas? With my kids, Scott and my parents and their dogs in Texas.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I have a wishlist on Amazon. It's ridiculous, but you gotta believe, right?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Of course I have comments, because you know I always do. First, let me say that reading your other post and looking back at your shopping experience last year has made me miss you. Second, the dog will probably pee on the tree. After she pulls it over. Third, I need your postal address because I still owe you a card from last year. I never got that back. Did you ever get it? And last, how about a link to your amazon list? Not because I am going to buy you anything but because I am curious and nosy all at the same time.