24 July 2006

For Becky

My parents have come to visit us and this time they brought Rebeckah with them. What a surprise for Ashlyn and Haley, who were purposely left out of the loop on this one!

Rebeckah was looking forward to seeing the girls and Owen again. The last time we'd seen her was last June when we left for Arizona. Owen was barely over 1 and he wasn't walking or talking yet and I guess in Rebeckah's mind he was still exactly like that. I think she expected him to be more like Ben than Patrick.

After we had been visiting about an hour Rebeckah mentioned to Ashlyn how big Owen was and how he wasn't anything like Ben. Ashlyn said "Well, Owen's 2 years old." to which Rebeckah said "Oh! Well that's why! Ben is only, like, 1 and a half!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Tom- That sounds about right, because I still think of you (Jennifer) as maybe 20 years old or so! Then again I am only 30! Age is a feeling. Some days you feel older than others. That is why I can say that I am 30! Actually I will celebrate the 15th Anniversary of my 30th Birthday in February!

Becky said...

HA HA! I wish! I missed this because I was out of town, but maybe the "older vibes" got through to Ben, because he learned to crawl and eat his own food while we were away...