27 May 2007

And then my flat iron died

Friday night we went to the mall after Scott got home from work to try to buy me some new jeans, because I only have two pair and I'm getting tired of wearing them over and over. This turned out to be a big mistake because I couldn't find any that fit me the way I wanted to so I became depressed.

Then we went to Sam's, which went relatively well. Feeling depressed always makes me want to spend money. If I feel bad I will buy anything, ANYTHING, that is offered to me on a so-many-months-same-as-cash basis. I also tend to use a credit card. Luckily, we got out of Sam's without the monstrous swing set that I really really tried to get Scott to let me buy.

We decided to stop by Petco and get Sally a new food dish. Up until this point we were feeding her out of two plastic bowls and it's gotten to the point where she picks them up and carries them around the house while they are full, so we needed something a little more stationary. I left Scott and the kids in the car to run in and buy the dish. I went straight back to the dish aisle, picked it up and walked straight back to the register. The guy in front of me had a buggy full of dog crap and Jerry, the cashier, was brand spankin' new working at Petco so it was taking a while. This enabled me to make an impulse buy and get a laser pointer to mess with Sally with. So the guy in front of me found out his total was 188 and he handed Jerry a 10% coupon, which, say it with me people, would have let him save 18.80. Well the coupon was expired so the guy decided to take some stuff off his purchase. Jerry had no idea how to do that so it took quite a while. The guy took a total of 102.00 off so his new total was 86.00. I don't think I need to go into what kind of an ass he was to do that. I mean, he new going up there it was going to be expensive and he was willing to pay 170 when he got in line. Then he paid with a gift card that had 6.00 on it and Jerry again fumbled around.
By this point in line there was me, then a lady behind me in line holding two fish in a baggie with a 4 year old laying on the floor beside her screaming because she wanted to hold the fish, a girl with a brand new itty bitty puppy, a couple with a shaggy looking dog, a girl with a cat (who was not enjoying his time near the dog which was resulting in a massive barking/hissing fit), and a policeman with no animal.
Finally Jerry called a manager or something who came and straightened everything out and it was my turn. I do not have a P.A.L.S. card so I was instructed to fill out a form to get one for free. I was then told that I have to have a P.A.L.S card to receive sale prices and since I was just signing up that day I would be eligible for sale prices the next purchase I made. So I didn't get the sale price on the stupid dog food dish. I was in the store for about 30 minutes, 28 of them standing in line. Oh, and the laser pointer wasn't just like the link above, it was only 2.99 and it's a piece of crap and it already doesn't work. Crap, crap, CRAP!

And Saturday morning I got up and my very nice, very expensive CHI flat iron, that I got on ebay for an incredible deal, that I use to straighten my god-awful hair so there is enough space for me and another person to sit on the couch, that works better than anything possibly can on my hair, BROKE. For the love of God, when will I catch a break?

1 comment:

Chris said...

OH my goodness...that PETCO experience...just reading your description makes me stresss.....
That stinks about your CHI.
Hope it gets better for ya! If it's any consolation you crack me up!