30 May 2007

Hello 1st grade!

Haley's kindergarten year has come to an end and today we went to her school to see all the kids perform a Kindergarten Program. After singing several songs they each got their diploma. When the principal called their name she also told what each child wanted to be when they grew up. With great fear in my heart I realized Haley had given them the name of a profession without consulting with me first. One by one the kids' names were called, followed by "and (so-and-so) wants to be a _____!" The list included doctors, firemen, policemen, soldiers, dentists, veteranarians and teachers. Until it was Haley's turn.

"Haley Starr! And when Haley grows up she wants to be a cowgirl and a singer!"

Of course everyone laughed because how cute was Haley, wanting to be a cowgirl and a singer when all the other kids wanted to be doctors and policemen and such. And everyone knew I was her parent because I was the only one taking pictures at that point. I felt like laughing, because "I want to be a cowgirl and a singer!" is just a teeny glimpse into the Person that is Haley and these other parents really have no idea. I almost started to pity myself...almost, until a little boy went up to get his diploma.

"And when he grows up he wants to be a PIRATE!"

I really feel like that boy has a legitimate chance at marrying Haley one day.





No comments: