31 May 2007

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Katie to come up with 7 random things about myself. The problem is I'm pretty boring so it was hard to come up with stuff to put...

1. I've tried three times in my life to get pregnant and I have 4 kids. I know, I know, that's not random, it's a cross between impressive and sad.

2. When we lived in Hawaii in army housing we were overrun with cane spiders. They were HUGE and I was freaked out. I kept calling the housing office and they wouldn't come spray immediately so I put a spider in a baggie and went to the housing office and sat on the couch there all afternoon. Everytime someone would come in I would show them the spider and tell them that they were going to have them all in their house crawling all over them while they were sleeping and housing wouldn't do anything about it. I made a really big scene...

3. When Scott finished basic training in Missouri he had to come out here to San Angelo for AIT. I loaded up our Cherokee and drove out here all by myself with no place to live to be with him. Once I got here I went on post to the housing office and told them what I'd done and they found me an apartment and a job.

4. After I drove to San Angelo that month there was a terrible hail storm with tornados. Our Cherokee had a lot of hail damage so I took it to State Farm and they gave me a check for $2700 to get the damage fixed. I didn't know where to take it so I kept the check for about 2 weeks. Then it got really really hot out here and all the dents from the hail popped out on their own. The check was made out to me so I cashed it and Scott and I kept the money.

5. I am terrified of fire. I don't like campfires, fireplace fires, even candles. I am extremely nervous about it. I love to see a fireplace with a glowing fire in it in the wintertime, but I am literally shaking because I also hate it.

6. I have an obsession with rubbermaid and tupperware. I will buy it and buy it and buy it. I love to put stuff in containers and organize stuff. If we had a container store I don't know what I would do...

7. My left front tooth is fake. Actually my real one was injured in a car wreck and slowly died and started turning dark over the years. So now there is a fake one glued on the top of the real one, which the dentist filed way down. One of my biggest fears is that one day that tooth is going to fall off.

Okay, let's go Amy, Karin, Amber, Jenny, Midge, Jin, Jenn, Becca, Lucinda, Sherri....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome about the 2700 bucks and how you got to cash it in. that crap never happens to me. and i would have gone ape shizz nutso about those spiders too.

Anonymous said...

yeah, uh...that's probably not gonna happen!

Amy said...

Ok, give me a day to think about this one. You're so funny I am not sure mine will even compare. And the next time we have lunch together I will not be checking out your teeth (yes, I will)

Chris said...

I can't believe the heat popped out the dents. That kind of stuff NEVER happens to me! Love the story about the spiders...YOU GO GIRL! I would have brought a bag full of them instead of just one! LOL! Then again...maybe not.