01 October 2007

The bathroom

I would like to tell everyone that the bathroom is finally finished...but I can't. Because it's not finished. Apparently two weeks is not a sufficient enough amount of time to put in a new bathtub and retile around it. Actually, all we are waiting on is the plumber. Who has skipped town. And no, I'm not making this stuff up.

I'm very glad that all the tiling is complete, mainly because I was getting tired of having to look at this:
Now you would think that the guy on the right could do the plumbing too, as he is dressed all plumber-like, with his pants belted under his ass. The other guy wasn't really good for much the first few days, but I felt he really stepped up and pulled his weight using the wet saw last week.

The original plumber is gone, maybe to Midland, we're not totally sure, but frankly I'm not surprised. He came Friday the week before last, at about 7:30 at night and said he'd come back the next day, which he didn't. Then on Sunday Contractor Jon had to track him down and threaten him with bodily harm to get him back over here. That was the last we saw of him. Now a new guy, Contractor Jon's "plumber buddy", is coming over here today between 5 and 5:30. Supposedly.

By "plumber buddy" I'm assuming this is some guy who's a buddy of Contractor Jon's who happens to be a plumber. Because surely if by "plumber buddy" he meant "yeah, we're both plumbers and we're buddies" like you mean when you say, oh, "scrapbooking buddy" and you mean you both scrapbook and you're buddies, then that would mean Contractor Jon knows enough about plumbing to actually categorize himself as a plumber and then he could just come do it himself.

So maybe, maybe, today will be the day they finish the bathroom, and tomorrow will be the day I get to take a shower in my bathroom again, instead of using the other one and then streaking through the house to my closet to get my clothes. And maybe, maybe this will be the last issue we have to deal with in this house/town before we move away. But I doubt it, not because I'm pessimistic, but because I'm realistic. Or maybe I'm pessimistically realistic. Whatever. Does it really matter anymore?

No comments: