04 October 2007

I was right to worry

Plumber Buddy showed up Monday evening as promised, but that was about the best thing you could say about his visit to our house. From the moment he walked into the bathroom he mumbled on and on and how Skip Town Plumber had done everything wrong and it wasn't going to work and oh, what were we going to do. I called Contractor Jon and he told me not to worry, that Plumber Buddy could fix anything, and it wasn't really bad until he started cussing. Which he did. Exactly at that moment. Loudly. Contractor Jon talked to Plumber Buddy and calmed him down somewhat, and the next thing I knew Plumber Buddy had a screwdriver and a hammer and was chipping the brand new tile off the wall.

That exposed the pipes, and there was more mumbling and cussing, and at that time Scott got home, and the talk turned to what was and was not an appropriate way to put together pipes. Plumber Buddy then tried to solder something and the pipe broke, split right in half, and the water wasn't turned off, so water was shooting everywhere, including inside the wall, which was the problem in the first place--the inside of the wall behind the tile was wet and growing mold. So I'm freaking out, because now we're right back where we started and Plumber Buddy is running around in the front yard trying to turn off the water and then I decided I was better off to just go to my happy place.

Plumber Buddy got everything fixed, and yesterday the tilers came back and today they are coming back to grout the tile and then after the grout sets up the shower should actually be available for use. And I believe that. Right. Totally.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am sure you told me this weeks ago when this all started, but why didn't they just do a tub kit? Something simple that they almost could not screw up? And that would have been done in a couple of hours instead of several weeks?!?