22 October 2007

Voices

I believe in ghosts.  I know lots of people don't (Scott included), and it probably goes against my beliefs as a christian, but I do.  

I've seen a ghost in my house.  I'm not saying I was standing there and a ghost was standing in front of me, looking at me, but it's more of a fleeting glance of someone.  Once I was sitting on my bed watching tv while I was putting on my shoes.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw a little girl about Haley's age come to the end of the hallway by the kids' bedrooms.  She stood there a second and then turned and went back.  It seemed odd to me so I went to see what she was doing.  Only she wasn't there.  She was in the den on the other side of the house.  I was standing there sure I saw someone and trying to figure out why I thouht it was odd and it hit me-the little girl had on a long brownish coat.  I saw what she was wearing.  I don't think she was see-thru or anything, but I know she had medium length dirty blonde hair and she was wearing a long brown coat.  

Then yesterday.  Yesterday Scott took Haley and Owen to Abbot's Grocery to buy some hot dogs.  Ashlyn and I stayed here with Skylar, as we refuse to eat hot dogs, touch hot dogs, cook hot dogs, or buy hot dogs.  Ashlyn was making a sandwich and I was drinking a glass of milk and Piggy was in the highchair shoving a baby cereal bar into her mouth like she was in some sort of contest.  And there it was, clear as day.  A word.  "Ashlyn!"  Just as plain as if I'd said it, only I didn't say it.  I looked at Ashlyn and she was standing there, the peanut butter filled spoon hovering over her bread, and I said "Did someone just say your name?"  and she said "Oh my gosh, did you hear it too?  Who could have said it?"  It was a girls voice, a lot like Haley's or someone her age.  But it didn't sound exactly like Haley's voice.  It sounded like someone was outside the window (the blinds were closed) with there hands cupped around their mouth saying it through the glass.  Scott said we were crazy.  But what in the world was it?

And Ashlyn is not an easy word to say.  We found this out when Haley spent the first two years of her life calling her "Assy" and Owen still says "Ashen".  It's also hard to think it was another sound because what makes a sound that sounds just like the word Ashlyn?  I swear, it was "Ashlyn", clear as a freakin bell.  

So I have a little girl with dirty blonde hair walking around.  I may have seen her once or twice more, but it wasn't as clearly as that one time, an now I have someone I can't see talking.  Or maybe I could have seen her if I'd been looking in the right direction.  Hmmm.  I really hope this works out and I see more of them, because it's very interesting to me.  Why are they here in my house?  And what are they trying to tell Ashlyn? 

2 comments:

lucinda said...

Perhaps one of Will's friends has come to live with you? Spooky!

Oh, and I totally agree on the hotdog thing- GrrRoss- Unless of course I'm pregnant and then I think they are great.

Amy said...

They are trying to tell Ashlyn that her mommy needs to adjust her dosage.