04 October 2007

Show me the money

Two weeks ago Scott signed a piece of paper and sent it to The Powers That Be saying that he promised he would stay in the Army for another three years. There's apparently a thing where all sorts of Captains are getting out leaving The Powers That Be in a very bad way so they decided to offer some incentives in return for a three year promise. Yesterday, in response to that signed piece of paper, The Powers That Be deposited an ridiculous amount of money into my checking account. And by ridiculous I mean when you go to the ATM to get $50 out to pay the tree trimmer guys who can't take checks because then they would have to claim it as income on their taxes you glance at the balance in your account and have a heart attack right there in front of the BX and fall down and passerbys say "Look how ridiculous she looks, laying on the ground with all those kids running around in the road."

I swear, I have not seen an amount of money that large up close since the time Mr. Claims To Be So Broke He Can't Pay Attention wrote a personal check for my mother's Lexus. So I paid off my car and put the rest in savings. Then I realized that I hadn't taken into consideration that my car payment from this month is automatically sent on the 2nd and it hadn't gotten there yet so I really overpaid the car loan people, and now we will have to wait for them to send the extra money back to us. They are also sending us the title for the car. And I'm going to lose it, as sure as God is my witness, I am going to lose that piece of paper. So I will probably put it with all the Important Papers. Papers you don't want to lose. You know, things like marriage licences, life insurance policies, birth certificates, etc., that we have here in the house. I will put the title with them. Just as soon as I find them.

1 comment:

Amy said...

The Army gave us some extra money in Brian's paycheck too. Unfortunately it was accidental and they'll take it right back next month!