12 November 2007

The Dare

Last night Scott dared me that I couldn't run from the bathroom across our bedroom, jump over the cedar chest, and do a front flip over the footboard of the bed. (I mean, he's coming up with crap like this all the time, though usually it's directed at the kids, like "I bet you can't jump from the roof to the trampoline and then do a double-flip off the bounce and land in the swimming pool. Here, let me lift you up to the roof!" And the kids all try and then we have to go to the emergency room and lie to child services and whatnot about what really happened.) Of course he did it on the first try and it really looked easy, so I'm all "I can SO do that!" and he's all "Well let's see it big mouth!" What transpired next brought a few things to my attention:
1. I am old.
2. I am not limber.
3. I think I may have injured my shoulder.

Had the dare not involved the cedar chest I'm pretty sure I could have done it on the first try. But having to jump and clear the cedar chest and the footboard, which is made of iron bars, at the same time is tough, let me tell you. Not only do you need the height, you also need the distance. Basically you had to dive over the cedar chest, catch the footboard with your hands, and use your upper body strength to keep your head from banging into the iron bars while you tuck your legs and flip your body over. You also have to account for the ceiling fan, which was on medium speed at the time and hangs right over where you are flipping.

AND I SO DID IT! I'm not going to say how many tries it took me to do it though. I will only say it was double digits. Of course I wasn't going to give up until I did it, because the whole time Scott was saying how there was just no way in heck I would ever make it. Then Scott's all "Now do it with no hands!" and of course he does it on his first freakin try. I think it may be the new thing we do at all our parties.

I feel like a total bad ass. And Scott really didn't think I could do it, so he was highly impressed.

But good grief, my shoulder hurts like a mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have got to lay off the alcohol. Really I am beginning to get concerned and I may have to call your Daddy.