02 November 2007

My phone conversation with Cooter

(phone rings)
"Hello?"

"Hey! Who's this?"

"Um...who's this?"

"This is Cooter."

"Cooter?"

"Yeah, Cooter. Who's this?"

"Um..."

"I got a call from this number on my cell phone. It showed up on my caller ID. I didn't hear my phone ring so I didn't answer it."

"Oh! What is the area code of your number?"

"913."

"Was it about 11:30 or so last night?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. One of my husband's soldiers was at the hospital and he was trying to get a hold of him. I guess we had his old number."

"One of your husband's soldiers?"

"Yeah."

"Your husband is in the Army?"

"Yeah."

"Hey! AWESOME!"

"Um, yeah."

"What does he do?"

"Well, he's in Military Intelligence and-"

"Ooh! Does he know a lot of secrets and stuff?"

"I don't really think what he knows is necessarily secrets, but it's classified information and-"

"Classified information! That's so AWESOME!"

"Yeah, I guess it is."

"Hey! God bless your husband ma'am. And God bless you ma'am! I really appreciate it, ya know? Just...thank you. Thank you. I can't say thank you enough!"

"Um, okay, thank you."

"NO! Thank YOU! Hey, I gotta get back to the job. Talk to you later!"

"Um, okay. Bye Cooter."

"Bye. GOD BLESS AMERICA! WOOHOO!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless good ole Cooter! ha! that was a trip, jennifer!

by the way, y'alls halloween costumes were quite simply AWESOME.

Paul and I could not stop laughing at Shaggy! Owen looked perfect!! :)