30 November 2007

Friday's Feast, 30 November 2007

Appetizer
What is your favorite carnival/amusement park ride?
The roller coaster.  I love roller coasters, and this love has been passed down to both Ashlyn and Haley, who can't get enough of them.  Of course, they probably got it from Scott.

Soup
How do you react in uncomfortable social situations?
The first thing I do is try to find someone else who is as uncomfortable as I am and then I discreetly make sure they are uncomfortable for all the same reasons.  Then we stand off to the side and make inappropriate comments about whatever is happening.  Then I blog about it.  If no one else is uncomfortable then I just excuse myself and go off to the bar.  Ha Ha!

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy discussing deep, philosophical topics?
1.  And to prove it, that's all I'm going to say about it.

Main Course
Did you get a flu shot this year? If not, do you plan to?
No, I did not get the flu shot this year, nor did I get it last year or the year before that.  It's just not something we do.  My kids have only gotten it once, and that was back when I believed everything doctors told me.  

Dessert
Approximately how many hours per week do you spend watching television?
I don't watch tv in real time.  Once you get a tivo machine you start to believe that you are just too good for that sort of thing and no way will you ever again waste your time watching commercials.  So to answer the question, I watch lots of shows, but no commercials, so I can't figure out the total amount of time it takes to watch them.  My tivo list is extensive; it currently includes the following:
Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Desperate Housewives
Brothers and Sisters
Heroes
The Biggest Loser
Private Practice
Real Housewives of the OC
Gray's Anatomy
Frank TV
The Next Great American Band
UFC
Pimp My Ride
Hip Hop Harry 

And let me take just a moment and say that Hip Hop Harry is by far my favorite show.  I don't know if any of you watch it, but it comes on Discovery Kids at 9am and noon here.  It's a giant bear and he raps and the little kids hip hop dance and it's totally geared towards people who are, um, not me, but I love it and even better Skylar loves it.  The bear starts yelling "Hip Hop" and the kids yell "Harry!" and Skylar's little head whips around and she just starts dancing like a fool.  I'm trying to teach her to wave her arms in the air when they do that part.  Tina, you would be sooo proud!  No, we never, ever, miss Hip Hop Harry.  Oh, and I know the time on that one.  30 minutes.  It's 30 straight minutes of rump shaking, break dancing, arm waving, and rapping by the cutest little future Britneys and Kevins that you've ever laid eyes on.  And they teach stuff too.  The first time I saw it I was so amazed I couldn't look away and afterwards I couldn't remember if they teach anything or not, but as I've continued to watch it I've been able to focus a little more and I've come to realize that while it's certainly convenient that "Harry" rhymes with "library", this show teaches that just about any two words rhyme if you say them fast enough.  So yeah, it's entertaining AND informational.  What more could you want for your 10 month old?  

1 comment:

Midge said...

This just gives me chills. What a wonderful person she must be. Please pass on my sincere admiration and thanks.