29 November 2007

Show-off

Recently there has been a resurgence in mega bloks around here. I'm telling you, we love the mega bloks. Not to be confused with legos, mega bloks are bigger and Skylar cannot swallow them, try as she might. So we had 450 mega bloks, which I see I wrongly identified as legos in my previous post about them. We still have all 450; I know this because periodically I count them, hoping to prove a point "See! You do not keep up with your stuff! No way am I buying you a pony!" but somehow they have managed to keep up with every single one of them. Their shoes? Not so much. But the mega bloks? You can bet your ass they're all still in the box.

Now it seems we are in the middle of a mega block frenzy and WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MEGA BLOKS. 150 apiece is just not enough to build anything worthwhile, and of course Scott has to build too, and this leads to the whining that I am so adamently against. Monday morning there was an unfortunate accident involving (and I'm trying to be really strong here and talk about it) the top and bottom of one of Scott's uniforms, an ink pen, and *sniff* my dryer. And oh, there was yelling, and lots and lots of bad words, and more yelling, and we almost lost the dryer. Thankfully she pulled through, but sadly, Scott's best back-up uniform did not make it. Owen and I went on post to buy another one, which they did not have, so we went to the BX and found more mega bloks. 180 more, to bring us to a grand total of 630.

We brought them home and opened the box and to our absolute! delight! found that this box not only had the red, blue and yellow bloks, but purple and two shades of green. The girls came home from school and they all sat down to play and you know what? WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MEGA BLOKS. No, no, no, with the addition of the new mega bloks doors of opportunity are practically blowing off their hinges and no one wants to share. So I took away the mega bloks, and the whining commenced, and then, then I got a migraine. I get probably two migraines a month. Yes, I should probably see a doctor, but, oh, let's not get started on the quality of our health care here at Goodfellow AirForce Base. So, in an effort to attain quiet, I put Shrek the Third on repeat play and that seemed to work.

Tuesday I went shopping on ebay. So any day now 425 additional mega bloks should arrive at my house, which means we will have 1055.

And we had a contest (before the addition of the green and purple bloks), and there had to be a winner, because we live with Scott, and what's the point of playing if we don't vote on a winner, so Ashlyn was the judge because I can't be the judge since I always vote for Owen. But in my defense, it's hard not to vote for him because, well, have you seen the kid? He's just about the cutest thing ever, and he has these huge brown eyes, and he comes up and gives you that look that he learned from the cat in Shrek and says "I made you Mommy, don't you like it?" and of course I vote for him. Plus, he gets sooo excited when he wins and it makes him like me more.

So Ashlyn judged and Scott, Haley, and Owen all made something and I took pictures:
Owen's entry was a building with a fence, but he said if you tilt your head a little bit it looks like me.
Haley made a palm tree.
Scott, clearly overestimating the level of ability in his competitors, made a duck.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I laughed so hard when I saw Scott's duck. I mean, he clearly has extra time on his hands. Maybe he should work more. Like 16 hours a day instead of 15.

Amy said...

P.S. No wonder the kids don't have enough blocks to play with ... Scott is hoarding all of them for his duck!