13 April 2008

Ashlyn ate Squidward

Saturday we ate dinner at Lin's, which is a chinese buffet here in town. It's a little nasty, and the last time I ate there was one afternoon with Amy months and months ago. Before that it was in February of last year when my mother came to visit us after Skylar was born, and that was the time a little girl threw up all over the bathroom in front of Ashlyn and Haley and my mom. I have never taken my dad there, as he only eats real american beef and that's not exactly what they serve down at Lin's.

I am so proud of Ashlyn. She used to not eat anything. She wouldn't try stuff and when we would make her take bites of food she would cry and cry fearing she was going to fall over dead. Well, Saturday we were at the bar and just for fun I put a squid on her plate. AND SHE ATE IT! Now I'm being totally honest here. The picture looks staged because it was. After she agreed to eat it and actually took a bite I decided to take a picture and then she was all embarrassed, so the picture didn't turn out good, but she totally ate the squid. I was shocked. There is no way in hell I'm eating one of those things.

Then Owen of course wanted his picture made eating his wonton, which was cheese but he ate only because we told him it was sour cream. Haley ate a roll, some pears and a cookie. Skylar ate a bunch of cold peeled shrimp and some straw paper. Scott had 14 plates of just the beef from the beef and broccoli and also some sushi. Seriously, what is wrong with him? You know one time he got kicked out of an all-you-can-eat buffet in Gatlinburg because he kept eating all the roast beef. No kidding. And those people Saturday were watching him really closely! I had all the spicy chicken and all the spicy shrimp, but I also had some vegetables. But all this is just so unimportant. Yeah, we went to dinner. Yeah, we all ate some food. But Ashlyn? Ashlyn ate Squidward.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah Ashlyn! That's pretty brave of her... not only did she eat squidward, but she ate it at Lin's. Brave, Brave girl!