21 April 2008

Build me up buttercup

I got a box from my parents today with birthday presents for me, Scott and Owen. Makes you feel good, you know, when you get presents and acknowledgments regarding your birthday. Makes you feel loved, like you mean something to somebody. Then you look at the loving, meaningful card.

This is the card my parents picked out for me. Of all the birthday cards available to purchase, and lets face it there are gazillions, this is the one they chose.

Pretty good, right? Here's what the inside said.

Oh, and they put A DOLLAR in the card. I'm telling you, those two are hilarious.

On a better note I received a very nice card from Jake and Maggie about dog pee.

On an even better note along with the card inside the box was a Wii. The kids were like "What is that?" and I said "Owen got a Wii for his birthday from Pops and Nana" and Haley said "Oh my gosh Owen you ROCK!" They tried out all the games and had so much fun. It was the best thing ever for them--they LOVE it. Owen even managed to get a KO on the boxing. I can already see that I'm going to have to get the rechargeable batteries for the remote. And I'm so sorry that I don't feel like putting any fancy links on here tonight but I'm totally pooped out because I just watched Scott sweat off 10 pounds boxing on the thing. I tried the boxing and honest to God I almost had a heart attack. What a freakin workout! It's not all easy breezy with this thing people-YOU MUST PACE YOURSELF or you will surely suffer some injuries, like I could totally see me throwing out my back with the tennis because I am in no way Katie Sharapova. I also nearly threw my shoulder out bowling. Bowling! Then Scott tried the bowling, played baseball and won 9-4, then golfed and then played tennis. And tennis my friends is definitely not his strong suit and my goodness did his little Mii get an ear full of bad words everytime he missed the ball. He finally managed to win, and I truly believe in my heart Skylar's first sentence is going to be "I will not let those damn little Miis beat me again!" Well, either that or "I swear I'm about to shove that tennis ball down your freakin throat." It's a toss up at this point.

Okay, so I went back and added links. IT'S BECAUSE I CARE.

No comments: