14 April 2008

Maybe it's a sign

Today Owen decided he would have chips and salsa for lunch along with a cheese stick.  (Shut up!  It's better than what Skylar ate, which was cotton balls, as it took me a few minutes to realize they weren't marshmallows-but Amy was distracting me.  anyway...) I got the chips out of the pantry and I!Can!Do!It!Myself!! grabbed the jar of salsa.  Then, while holding the glass jar at chest level, he let go of it.  In the second it took to reach the floor I had a mini heart attack, and then?  The glass jar of salsa bounced off the floor.  And I caught it off the bounce at about mid-shin height.  

It took a second for either of us to say anything.  We just were staring at each other.  The first thing that finally came out of my mouth was "Holy crap!" and Owen nodded and said "Whoa, that was pretty damn close!"

So, you know, if you throw out the fact that the 3 year old was cursing I'd have to say this might be a sign that things around here are on the up and up.  

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey don't try to blame the cotton balls on me. And don't blame Owen's foul mouth on me either!! All I did was call to make lunch plans.

Jennifer said...

Well if I don't blame it on you then who the Dana White am I gonna blame it on?
Haaaaa! That's still the best one EVER!

Amy said...

That is still the best one ever! So I guess you can blame it on me :)