28 April 2008

Happy Birthday Owen!!

Today is Owen's 4th birthday! I told him he could have anything he wanted for his birthday dinner. Just say the word and it's yours. Any restaurant in town. Any food.

"I'll have a Kid Cuisine."

"No, come on Owen, think of something really special!"

"Okay, I'll take a Hot 'N Ready!"

So I gave up and bought the boy some pizza. Then we had some leftover birthday cake from his party Saturday night.

Before the party we got the new trampoline set up, as we tragically lost the other one. I cannot tell you what I went through to get this new trampoline, but it involved lots of phone calls to Academy, who never got a shipment of the one we wanted, and then a trip to Sam's to buy it there only to realize all the pieces weren't in the box, which resulted in a slightly panicked, slightly rude phone call to the manager, who sweetly agreed to open another box and get out the missing part for me so my party would not be ruined.

I truly don't understand it, but this trampoline is much much bigger than our last trampoline, even though this one is called a 13' and the last was called a 15'. I'm assuming it's because they are different shapes and perhaps the people who measured them measured different parts but it's not important. What is important is that it was fully functional in time for the party and let's face it, the trampoline is the whole reason people come to my house, if you don't count the um, uh, well, the other reasons, but I don't want to get in to too many of them on here right now. I will say that I hope people don't come over because when the guys reminisce at work phrases like WOMAN, JUST TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT ALREADY come up. Because while that would be funny, IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN SO QUIT ASKING.

This is a picture of Tamra, Malik's mommy, doing a back-flip. It's truly amazing what adults will try on a trampoline if you give them lots of alcohol before they get on it.

This picture kind of demonstrates the vast number of kids you can comfortably fit on this trampoline. Everyone has plenty of room to jump and there's still half a trampoline not being used. With the round one kids tended to drift toward the center and that brought on lots of bumping and blood. Something about the square makes jumping in your own space easier.

Note the adult on the trampoline. One thing you don't want to hear while jumping on a trampoline? "I should have worn my support bra." Another thing (spoken by an adult but not the adult pictured)? "Pee is coming out." And last but certainly not least? "Jumping on the trampoline is like doing one big kegel for me."

This is cake Owen picked out down at the WalMart. I know, I know. It hurts me to look at it too.

Owen patiently waited for us to finish singing before spitting all over the cake blowing out his candles.

This is Owen and Malik, his best friend from preschool.

Owen got lots of presents!!

And for some reason we've kind of stopped doing the whole singing thing with all the kids. I have no explanation for this, but I'm going to try to start it back up. I think I need to sit them down and have about 40 or so run-thrus and just get everybody's name in a song and then just post them as the days come. But that's kind of cheating. Also, they all hate each other now and won't sit beside each other for extended periods of time, so that makes things a little difficult. Almost as difficult as it's getting to get Skylar through an entire shower without having some incident with poop. I mean really, how hard can it possibly be? DO NOT POOP IN THE SHOWER. Gawd.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok, so I will surely wear a support bra before the next time I come over. And I am assuming my husband was the one to mention your shirt, since Eric wasn't there. But the kegels and the pee? That must have been Precious!