10 August 2008

Heidi Flea Bag Starr

Friday I took the girls and Heidi to a store here in Rome called The Back Yard.  Let me tell you, it's the most ridiculous store I've ever been to in my entire life.  They've got all kinds of yuppie stuff for you pet.  I've never seen outfits for dogs like the ones they had.  It was great for puppy socialization though because there were lots of other dogs running around the store.  Skylar was in heaven and couldn't pet them fast enough or yell PUPPY! loud enough.  Heidi immediately exchanged phone numbers with a yorky named Chadwick who, and I'm not even lying about this, was wearing blue jeans and a cowboy hat.  The next time I go, and there will definitely be a next time, I'm taking my camera!  They even had a dressing room where your dog could try on clothes in private. Do you know why they have that room?  So you don't look like a jackass shoving a dress over the head of your dog, who wants absolutely no part in wearing clothes and is trying to wiggle away, in front of other people.     
After trying on a pink off-the-shoulder tank top with a blue jean skirt we found this pink and white stripe dress that was a little too big but also half the price.  So instead of paying $30 for something Heidi could wear for about 3 weeks before she outgrew it I paid $15 for this dress she can wear up until it starts getting colder, at which point we will go back and get this.  It was also one of the less tacky things in the store (if it's possible to put any outfit on a dog and not look tacky, which it's probably not), and I don't really go for the "nautical" theme, the "prissy" theme, or the "ho" theme. 
If Haley had gotten her way with which outfit we bought we could have walked out of that store and immediately stood Heidi on a street corner and let her support all of us.  
Already she's up to 6 lbs!  What a porker.

1 comment:

Amy said...

She is a very cute porker with a very cute dress.