14 August 2008

And it looks brand new

Today when I picked Haley up from cheerleading the coach told me about a mother whose daughter moved up to the next age group so she wouldn't be needing her uniform and warm-up suit from last year.  The parent worked at the Braves' stadium here so I left practice and me and all the kids went right over. 

First I convinced the man taking the parking money that I wasn't going to stay for the game they were having tonight, that I was just picking something up, and he let me in for free.  Next, I convinced the man who works the parking lot closest to the gate to let me park in there, even though I didn't have a parking pass.  Then I convinced the man working the gate to let me in without a ticket to see the parent, who (it turns out), in a crazy, 6 degrees of separation thing I was good friends with right after high school.  She had the uniform, the bloomers and the warm-up suit, but the bottoms were smalls and the tops were mediums.  The bottoms fit perfectly and the tops were a little big but I have an aunt who is so good with a sewing machine you could give her two yards of fabric and some thread and she could make you a house to live in, so that didn't bother me.  What did bother me a little was several spots on the front part of the top.  Luckily, I have a mother that can work miracles.  One time she waved a bottle of Shout at a wall and the paint fell right off.  So I took it to her and in ten minutes the spots were totally gone.

Needless to say I am so proud of myself I could just burst; even though I probably ran $50 in gas out of my car driving around I still feel like I won.  The uniform and warm-up suit would have cost me $132 and I got it all for $50.  And unlike some people, I can do math relatively well and that's a savings of $82.  Which is nice because I just filled up my car with gas and it cost $89.50.  

So finally, something good has come my way.  Something that wasn't crying, had something broken, was bleeding, was throwing up, was tattling, was whining, or was smelling like poop.  I'd like to think my luck is changing.  But maybe it's just because I'm overly nice to old people.      

No comments: