07 August 2008

It was only a matter of time

I found out yesterday that the pediatrician Ashlyn is assigned to will not put in a referral for her to see the orthopedic doctor because he has never seen Ashlyn so she is not considered an "established patient."  The biggest problem with this is that we have already seen the orthopedic doctor.  We saw him on Monday so Ashlyn's arm, that was broken on Friday, could be properly casted since it's inadvisable to walk around with a broken arm just hanging there for people to bump into and pull on.  So because we have only lived here for a little over a month and in that time Ashlyn has not seen her assigned pediatrician because she is a normal, healthy nine year old with no problems necessitating a doctor we are now going to have to pay for a visit to an orthopedic doctor and a casting, which I hear costs about $1 million nowadays. 

Blue like her eyes. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Only Ashlyn could make a cast look so cute & girly!

lucinda said...

um, my phone died and I don't have your cell number anymore. Call me, I can help you out on this one and get you a new ped and a referral.