20 August 2008

Working it out

I have been going to a gym here for 8 days.  Well, I mean I have been 8 times, but I don't go on weekends and I didn't go on Monday so really I've been going for longer than 8 days but...oh, never mind.  I have not mentioned this because I'm pretty much still in shock over the intensity of the classes.  Everytime I go I honestly want to cry.  It takes everything I've got not to totally break down in tears, it is so hard!  I think I've gotten as close as humanly possible to having a heart attack without actually having a heart attack.  I'm just sayin' if you want to go to this gym and take these classes, you've definitely got to wear your big girl panties.  I'm still looking for mine, so until I find them I'll just continue to whine, which I'm becoming pretty good at, given all the time I spend listening to my kids do it.  

The gym is Club Fitness and they use all the Les Mills programs.  The classes are all one hour and I take the RPM class on Monday, BodyPump and BodyStep on Tuesday, BodyAttack on Wednesday, BodyPump and RPM on Thursday, and BodyFlow and TRX on Friday.  Skylar stays in the daycare there while I'm doing all this and she seems to like it (as much as she seems to like anything).  The trainers there are all really friendly and I've met some people who take the same classes I take so it's really nice, except when it's so hard and I'm so tired and my heart rate is so high I throw up a little in my mouth.  I have a new appreciation for drinking water, which I never do unless I'm pregnant.  And if I only drink water when I'm pregnant I had settled into the thinking that I would just never drink water again and instead live on chocolate milk, Dr. Pepper and tequila.  Now all I drink is chocolate milk for breakfast and then water all the time.  When I go out to eat, which is about one time a week I have Dr. Pepper, and at my mother's house I have sweet tea.  But everything else is water.  I even drink it throughout the day, when I'm not even having any food, like many other healthy people do.  It's quite the thirst quencher.  Somebody should get the word out about that.  

Then, this morning I put on some jeans that were fresh out of the dryer and they fit differently than the last time I put them on after I washed them.  They were looser.  My back fat seemed to be shrinking.  My butt seemed to be smaller.  My thighs seemed to be tighter.  I stood there for a second and then I immediately texted Scott and told him.  Then I texted Amy and told her.  Then I texted Sabrina and said Get your ho clothes out cuz you and me are getting belly button rings!  And I was so happy I went down to Paul's Oyster Bar and had a Dr. Pepper, ate three rolls, two crabcakes, a sweet potato, some broccoli, and then a giant cinnamon roll for dessert.

Yeah, that pretty much ought to take care of THAT.   

No comments: