09 April 2006

CRASH!

That loud sound you may have heard Saturday morning was the sound of my computer crashing. According to Dell customer service we had "significant software corruption." After backing everything up we reformatted the hard drive, which unfortunately didn't work and even worse helped me lose all 1349 songs in my iTunes. As it turns out, we did not have "significant software corruption", we had a hardware problem, which was that our video card was shot. This was decided at 7:30 and Circuit City closes at 8:00 so I drove, um, I'll just say 'like the wind' to get there before they closed.

After purchasing a new video card from Circuit City I managed to get it put in correctly and I even got the drivers installed on the first try. Everything is working like a peach now, so I'm slowly putting all my crap back on the computer. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to put pictures on here again. Maybe sometime after that I can start all over with my iTunes...thank goodness for Limewire!

1 comment:

Becky said...

So I hope if this ever happens to my computer, you can drive "like the wind" over here and fix it, because I have no idea what any of that means!