19 April 2006

Vroom Vroom Vroom

As I have stated before, I love ebay. My latest purchase is pictured below and cost $55. A special thanks goes out to Uncle John in Dallas for meeting a total stranger at a mall to pick it up for me, and to my parents for getting it from John and bringing it to us.

I said a while back that I would not move Owen out of his crib until he learned to climb out, but when we got the bed I figuered we could go ahead and give it a try. The first night we left Owen's door open. I sat in his room for over an hour until he fell asleep. He came in our room about 5 and got in bed with us. At 6 I put him back in his bed. At 6:03 he came back to our room. All in all, not good.

The next night we put him in bed and closed the door. He could not work door knobs so this kept him in his room. We heard him walking around talking and playing, and the next morning he was asleep in his bed, so we were thrilled and congratulated each other on how smoothly this was going. We also took down the crib. Maybe we were a little too hasty.

On the third night Owen learned how to work the door knob. All in all, not good.

Last night he was flat worn out so we put him in bed, promised to take him to the motor home when he woke up and he never moved. Yay!

We will see what happens tonight after a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon--2 to 5:30. (I actually put him to bed at 1 but I'm not counting the first hour where he got out of bed 8 times and received 8 spankings)

This afternoon I went to the BX looking for a doorknob lock, but they didn't have any. I suppose I will have to go to hell on earth tomorrow to get one.

Right as I went to take this picture he woke up and lifted his head. The bed is toddler size. Owen sleeps with 2 YumYum! blankets, one camoflauge blanket, one blue fuzzy blanket, his trusty blanket he's had since he was born, two small camoflauge pillows-one woodland and one desert, Swiper the Fox, YumYum!, MoMo!, Puppy!, Prayer Bear, the bear that sings Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, a stuffed turtle from the Tennessee Aquarium, and an assortment of balls, weebles and other small toys.

No comments: