05 April 2006

My beloved couch...

I have a couch in my house that will be 10 years old in January. This couch looks worse than the devil, but it is the most comfortable place in the world. I realize that's saying a lot, what with Scott's recliner and all (this is actually Joe's recliner, but Scott's is exactly like it, and you can get one too here), so maybe it's just the sentimental part of the couch I love. It was the second purchase we made in preparation for our life together, the first being the t.v. in the den that's hanging on by a thread but will soon be replaced by the huge t.v. my dad is bringing us.

Anyway, we have a very nice set of couches in the living room that you can sort of see here (this is the loveseat half) that we got at The Mall at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. No one is allowed to sit on these blue couches except for myself and company, unless there is some type of picture opportunity AND I am present.

However wonderful the nice blue couches are, they are not now and will never be as comfortable as my ugly plaid couch. There are only two seat cushions, and I sit right in the crack all the time. Also, when you sleep on them, your hip fits right into the crack, which is perfect for when you are pregnant and fat and your hips and back hurt. I spent many a night sleeping on this couch while Scott slept beside me in his old recliner for moral support. I would get rid of my BED before I got rid of this couch, which is saying a LOT because after repeated efforts I have now gotten my bed/bedroom exactly like I want it-I whole heartedly recommend tinfoil on bedroom windows...it makes your room like a cool dark cave which is perfect for a hermit like me, and it is totally white trash, which is the look I'm going for...

So tonight when Scott got home from work I was in the bedroom blabbing on the phone to Amber when I heard very loud screams and laughter coming from the den. When I went to see what the fuss was about, this is what I found. Clearly Scott does not share my sentimental feelings for the couch. Either that or I have completely lost my mind, as I just wrote an awful lot about a couch...reading it back I'm thinking Dang,lady, get a hobby...or a life...








































































































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed (or in this case, the couch)...